Thursday, May 26, 2016

Drawing some little bits of nature....

I put together an assortment of iris petals, a dandelion, lily of the valley, and a little yellow flower, and drew them carefully with a pencil on Bristol paper.  I liked how it looked just with the pencil, but I couldn't help but color it in.  I used some watercolor, and color pencil.. But mostly watercolor... I'm not sure, again, whether I like it better before I colored it, or after.  


I could have worked on it a bit more, but I decided to stop here.
Thank you for taking the time to check out my artwork! 



1 comment:

  1. That is a most stunning "Trompe L'oei" effect! Looks like the pieces can be lifted off the paper. In fact, when I saw the first drawing (in grays), I thought you had gessoed over a collage of the items! Wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving you comments!! I appreciate it!