Monday, March 4, 2013

What I did today...

I spent most of the afternoon arranging a plate of fruit to paint.  I should have known better than to start painting just because it was taking too long to find something wonderful about this plate of fruit.  I thought the colors would be interesting enough.  I didn't even bother to finish it.  It didn't keep my interest, and in the end, I just wiped it off.  If I don't care enough about a painting, to be able to wipe it off without any regrets, I know, nobody else would have cared about it either.
Anyway, I went back to the beginning and found something interesting to draw.  Here's a couple I liked.  They're drawn on toned paper, with black pencil and highlighted with a white conte stick and some pastel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving you comments!! I appreciate it!